This is in line with an earlier stackoverflow question: Store multiple values in one database field in Access (hear me out)
I have a Contacts database with a junction table ContactType which has a ContactTypeID (PK), ContactID (FK) and TypeID (FK).
Question is, I am importing the data from Excel. Is the following the best way to set up Excel for this?
In Excel have one row for each contact and several columns for the different type codes (i.e. each row will have 10 columns available for type codes). In Access create a Union Query that will take all the type codes in each row and make a Junction table with one or more records for each contact, each record consisting of contact and type.
Is there a better way to set up Excel for this data entry? It seems awkward although I've done it before and it works.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire